Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Welcome to the world of blogging

Blogging is a new adventure for our church and certainly this pastor. I’ve recently advanced from the “Computer Illiterate” stage to the “Since things are being backed-up I’ll take a chance and try a few things” stage. Never in my biggest dreams did I think I’d be launching out into the area of blogging. Hey, to be honest, I don’t even know what it is or how it works. But when our church webmaster suggested we go in this direction, the Spirit of God confirmed the step of faith in my heart. So this will be just that – a step of faith. For a fellow who still types with two fingers and likes to stay as private as possible, this will be a faith adventure for me and will require complete reliance on the my Father who is leading me kicking and making excuses. I can anticipate this new ministry being as much for me as anyone who might read the entries on the blog. So let’s grow together.


To begin well I grabbed my trusty dictionary to find out exactly what “blogging” is…and it was nowhere to be found. I guess its development has occurred since 2001 [date of the dictionary edition I use]. I then consulted Wikipedia [the on-line encyclopedia] about its definition of blog/blogging. Here is what I found out: “A blog (a contraction of the term "weblog")[1] is a type of website, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order.” So, over the next few weeks and months I’ll see if we can make this website a real weblog or blog. Let the adventure begin!


-- Pastor Steve




free counters
free counters

No comments:

Post a Comment